Canadians spend the majority of their time indoors, and the amounts of certain toxins are frequently 2 to 5 times higher indoors than outdoors, according to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Pollutants such as pollen, dust mites, dander, mould, smoke from cigarettes, food, or wood-burning, and gases from cleaning supplies, chemicals, furnishings, and construction materials have all been linked to adverse health consequences and have prescribed emission restrictions.
Certifications To Remember In The Search For A Purifier?
The Energy Star logo shows that the purifier is energy efficient 40% more than a normal model which is critical if the device is to be operated 24/7.
The seal shows that the device has willingly been checked by the Association of House Appliance Manufacturers to validate its clean aviation rates and suggested room size.
TOP 13 AIR PURIFIERS IN CANADA
- Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier
Best for small rooms
- This is easy to use.
- It has a nightlight, an on/off switch, a filter indicator (which should be replaced every 6 to 8 months), and three fan speed settings.
- You may think this is too easy, but that is part of its allure. The air is purified in three stages:
- A pre-filter
- True HEPA
- Activated carbon.
- It has an easy-to-access filter and operates at an ultra-quiet 25 dB for nighttime use.
- This purifier is unobtrusive, compact, simple to use, and inexpensive, and it helps your family’s health inside your house.
- On the lowest setting, it is very silent.
- Ideal for smaller spaces.
- Simple controls
- Excellent value
- On the maximum environment, the noise level is 46 decibels (running refrigerator)
- A new filter costs about $30.
- Only a 1-year warranty is given.
- Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
Best for mould
- This one makes use of PlasmaWave technologies to break down odours, allergens, fungi, and other contaminants that persist in the air and cause odours.
- This unit spans rooms up to 360 square feet, making it suitable for larger spaces, and it has a whisper-quiet night mode for use in the bedroom.
- It also has a filter indicator light that indicates when the filter needs to be changed. It is important to keep the filters clean if you want to keep the air clean.
- Aside from the marginally higher-than-average expense, the PlasmaWave ionising technology emits trace levels of ozone, which can cause respiratory problems.
However, Winix’s products meet California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and emit ozone at concentrations of less than 0.05 parts per million (ppm).
- True HEPA filter
- captures harmful mould spores
- Pollutants are broken down by PlasmaWave.
- 27.8 decibels
- Perfect for medium-sized rooms.
- Filter repair costs $37.
- PlasmaWave emits small amounts of ozone
- High cost.
- TruAir Air Purifier by Hamilton Beach
Best reusable filter
- The controls are the epitome of convenience. A single dial controls the fan’s on/off feature as well as its three-speed settings.
- The filter lining detaches, allowing you to easily clean all of the debris from the filter using a vacuum cleaner. This saves you from having to waste a lot of money on new filters.
- The filter is not HEPA grade, so it is not as successful as the others on this list, but it still captures 99 % of dander, dust, and spores from the air. That should be sufficient for the majority of users.
- It can be positioned vertically or horizontally and is compact, so it won’t take up too much room on your desk.
- This purifier works well in the apartment, office, or even the college dorm.
- Reusable filter that is permanent
- Can be washed with a vacuum
- Outstanding value for money
- Perfect for bedrooms and workplaces.
- Very silent
- A warranty period of one year
- The filter is of non-HEPA quality
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A
Best for pets
In terms of convenience and available functions, this is a world apart from the Levoit. It also has the most stringent filtration method of all of the purifiers on the market. This makes it an excellent option if you have dogs and need to monitor dander and odours.
- This purifier’s 6-stage filtration mechanism is amazing.
- A pre-filter, a medium filter, a HEPA filter, a personalised filter to absorb chemicals and eliminate odour and pet dander, an activated carbon filter, and a negative ions filter are all used.
- It has an air quality sensor that tells you how clean the air is, so you can rest easy ensuring your family is safe.
- There is also a filter replacement indicator. It also includes a mood light, an auto pollen monitor, and a negative ions button (this is an optional setting that may produce ozone).
- Negative ions bind to positive airborne particles, making them too strong to float in the air and causing them to sink to the surface, where they are vacuumed up.
- And when you can monitor this cleanser from anywhere, you can bring the children to bed and start purifying while they’re sleeping from the comfort of your chair.
- Odour and pet dander effective
- Mounted on wall or independent
- Technical assistance 24/7
- Regulated by a smartphone
- Guarantee of 5 years
- 6 phases of purification
- Very costly
- Filters cost over $100 in replacement
- Difficulty in understanding the settings
- GermGuardian AC4300 Air Purifier
Best for allergies
- The prefilter traps huge parts and extends the lifetime of the True HEPA as well as an activated carbon plate. It occupies only 153 square metres, so is suitable for the sleeping room or apartment.
- This model is fitted with a Uv-C light specially designed to destroy airborne viruses and allergens if you’re looking for additional protection against allergies. It has also been used to prevent the growth of bacteria and mildew on its surface as an antimicrobial agent.
- It’s a calm purifier, which can also help sleep, creates whisper-like white noise.
We have chosen this as the best deal, not because it was the cheapest but because it’s good for the money you pay.
- Added protection against bacteria and viruses
- Star of Energy rated
- Outstanding value for money
- Odour removed from activated charcoal filter
- 3-year peace of mind guarantee
- Coverage of small rooms
- Approximate cost of $5 filter upgrade
- Ozone can be generated by UV-C
- Levoit LV-PUR131 Air Purifier
Best for large rooms
- It will clean up a whopping 900 sqft of room for 1 hour or 500 sqft in 33 minutes, even though it is classified as 360 sqft.
- It also has smart sensors and a highly powerful automotive mode for energy consumption.
- It runs at 27 dB in the lowest fan setting and you can switch the LED light off so that you can work without interference in a bedroom or children’s home.
- This purifier has strong consistency and decent cost characteristics.
- H13 True HEPA
- Smart Sensors
- Certified Energy Star
Around $45 filter replacement
- Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier
Best for smoke
- This one absorbs and neutralises wildfire smoke. It would have no trouble filtering out cigarette smoke.
- It also has an activated carbon filter, which reduces cigarette odours and leaves the atmosphere smelling new.
- It has a three-stage filtration system that includes a pre-filter to trap large particles, an activated carbon filter, and a particle filter that uses its HEPASilentTM technology to eliminate 99% of common airborne PM2.5 particles 2.5 microns or smaller, such as allergens, mould, and dust mites.
- It has an AHAM rating of 540 sqft, making it ideal for use in big kitchens, living rooms, and offices.
- When set to the lowest fan level, it produces 31 dB (library), making it a perfect purifier for overnight use in the bedroom.
- It is also Energy Star certified, consuming just 60 watts.
- CADR of 350 is very strong.
- Filtration in three stages
- 2 pre-filters that can be washed
- Energy Star eligible
- Suitable to use at night, because of its quiet service.
- This is not a true HEPA filter.
- The warranty period is of one year
- Coway AP-1512HH Air Purifier
Best for dust
- This filter has CADRs ranging from 233 to 246 and covers a 360-square-foot room.
- The 4-stage filtration system involves a washable pre-filter, an odour (carbon) filter, a True HEPA filter, and an ioniser that uses negative ions to disinfect and freshen the air (which, again, may produce small amounts of ozone).
- The airflow speed can be programmed to vary automatically depending on the air quality measured by the sensors, or it can be set to one of three speeds on a timer that runs for 1, 4, 8, or 12 hours.
- This model is a sleek, low-profile purifier that will complement the majority of contemporary decors.
- It emits 24.4 decibels at the lowest fan level, allowing you to position it in your children’s bedrooms without distracting them.
- Genuine HEPA filter
- CADR for dust is 246.
- Automatic airflow control
- Filtration in four stages
- Alen BreatheSmart 75i
Best Air Purifier for the Whole House
- It has a strong CADR and cleans rooms to 1 300 ft square. However, it still works softly and is not too distinguished.
- There are four different alternatives to pick from based on your needs and all are true HEPA, however, when it comes to the filter. The main choice is the filter
- Pure which eliminates allergens and bacteria
- Fresh which is particularly designed to eliminate odours
- Pet made for pet dander
- Heavy Odor to get rid of more extreme smells, among other alternatives.
- Outstanding results
- Wide coverage of space
- Quite dark, very quiet
- Warranty for life
- The cost is a little excessive
- A little bit poor CADR
- Molekule Air Mini
Best Air Purifier for Small Spaces
- In contrast to conventional HEPA air purifiers, PECO is the first filtration system used by the Molekule Air Mini.
- Molekule says that this proprietary filter acts to capture and remove airborne toxins at the molecular level. PECO is known as photo-electrochemical oxidation, an innovative process with well-known technologies for PCO (Photocatalytic oxidation).
- In the presence of low-energy, UV-A light, the PECO filter is treated as catalysts with nanoparticles that form free radicals (OH−). Free radicals are then oxidised (neutralised) and converted to innocuous chemicals like water, phosphorus, carbon dioxide, etc.
- The intake of air contaminants contains the bacteria, allergens, viruses and VOCs of the airborne organisms.
- In less than an hour, you can vacuum a room up to 250 feet.
- Modern, one-touch interface
- It has a natural handle of wool felt
- Tested in a laboratory of government
- Native iOS and Android app, Wi-Fi Connectivity,
- Do not preseed.
- Filtration with the PECO is a little slower than HEPA
- Both the App Store and Google Play got quite a low ranking.
- The cost of filter substitution is a little higher
10. TruSens Large
Best Air Purifier for Pets
TruSens Z-3000 is a sleek air purifier with certain unusual characteristics.
- It has a remote SensorPod that you can use in any space without removing the air purifier to judge air quality.
- In addition, the treated air is sanitised successfully with a UV-C bulb (not unused LED).
- The 360-° intake of air and dual airflow are both super-efficient to improve the air quality in the room.
- The HEPA Filter Period (12 to 15 months)
- Efficient positioning of the UV bulb
- Pre-filter washable fibrous
- Substitute HEPA, Carbon and UV separate filter signal
- Five fan speeds stage, sleep mode and auto mode
- Less scope, comparatively poor CADR scores
- The regular carbon filter is less efficient in smell; carbon filters based on pellets are more costly.
- No remote or child locked controller
- Honeywell HPA300
Best Air Purifier for Allergies
Honeywell is a world-famous producer of equipment aimed at producing premium goods that improve the health and convenience of customers. Honeywell is the perfect retailer for solutions on the home, which produces fans, air coolers, electrical heating systems and air purifiers.
The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier is one of its finest devices. It has a sturdy filtration mechanism, a light interface and touch controls. It is perfect.
Quick to use; a design of touch controls
AHAM accepted; a high air distribution rate
A powerful method of HEPA filtration
Is guaranteed for 5 years
Certified Energy Star
- Not ideal for smell removal
- Sleep or remote control not available
- Austin Air HealthMate Plus
Best Air Purifier for Smoke & Pollution
- The cleaning air has a centrifugal three-speed fan.
- The airflow rate is 400 cfm without filter driven by a high-efficiency engine.
- The CADR is 250 cfm inclusive of the filter. With three times an hour, it can then clean 625 square feet of space.
- The engine is mounted on the shock absorber permanently separated condenser. This contributes to noise reduction.
- The air purifier emits almost 50 decibels at the lowest speed level.
- This is a standard review with a ranking of 60 dB in noise.
- True HEPA Filter
- 60 square feet
- Suitable for patients with allergies, allergy and environmental sensitivities
- Moderate CADR consumption of 360 degree
- Made of steel with a powdered coating, roller casters for longevity
- Durable filter, made in the United States
- No timers or air quality sensors, basic industrial design
- Larger intake of electricity and faster speed
- Typically non-gas chemicals are highly dense absorbent media (activated charcoal, iodide of potassium).
- TaoTronics TT-AP001 Air Purifier
The TaoTronics HEPA Air Purifier is a three-stage air purification device with advanced filtration. This system, which combines a HEPA air purifier with a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and true HEPA filter, is one of the best for filtering airborne particles eliminating up to 99. 97 per cent of particles. The TaoTronics is suitable for allergy sufferers because it traps allergens, smoke, dust, pollen, and other natural impurities, thus enhancing the consistency of the air you breathe. You may use this air purifier at any time of day or night. When set to sleep mode, it runs at just 25dB, so there is no need to risk your quiet time for the sake of clean air.
- Offers three stages of purification
- Quiet operation with sleep mode option
- Can purify the air in relatively large rooms
- Nightlight option
- Four fan speeds to choose from
- Nightlight only comes in one colour
- Louder than some devices
- Not effective at removing smells from the air