Last Updated on 01/08/2021 by Riya
In India, Apple recently made a big announcement for its consumer’s convenience during in-app purchases. It has offered three new payment alternatives for App Store consumers. United Payments Interface (UPI), RuPay, and Netbanking are among the new payment alternatives. Previously, consumers of the App Store and iTunes can solely pay using credit and debit cards, although to help non-debit or credit card users to simply pay using different payment modes.
These payment alternatives are useful when downloading paid apps from the App Store and if you’re fond of music and want to download popular songs from iTunes then you can also use these alternatives of payment to download paid songs on iTunes. However, the new payment alternatives can’t be added automatically. Customers of the Cupertino tech behemoth’s App Store can pay directly using UPI, RuPay, and Netbanking, thanks to an alert from the Cupertino tech giant.
Steps to include the new payment modes in iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
To learn the steps regarding the inclusion of new payment methods to the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch do read these steps carefully.
- To use these new transaction alternatives, Apple users must download to the current release of iOS, iPad, or macOS.
- After that, select the payment and shopping alternatives. Apple will prompt you to log in once more for security reasons.
- Select ‘Add Payment Method’ to include a new payment alternative. However, Apple ID is required to make transactions on the app store, hence create an Apple id first if not created before.
- the top right-hand side, you’ll see an Edit function, through which you can re-order or eliminate the payment mode. You can then include UPI, RuPay, or Netbanking credentials. With their Apple ID, users can pay in a variety of ways.
How do I include payment methods to my Mac?
- Visit the App Store and find “To sign in”, and hit the Sign-in button.
- Select View Information from the menu. Select Manage Payments from the drop-down menu.
- Customers may be requested to log in once more for security reasons. Select Add a payment mode > Add Payment from the drop-down menu.
- Users can enter UPI, RuPay, or Netbanking credentials through this page.