Are you a home cook that has heard a lot about Carbon Steel pans, and you are curious about them but do not know much about them? If that is the case, then you have come to the right place. We have put together a list of all that there is to know about Carbon Steel pans and even give you some recommendations to choose from. We hope this buying guide helps you, happy shopping!
For years now, cast iron pans have been all the rage in the market, and every household owned a cast pan. But during very recent times, professionals and kitchen industry-experts are talking about a new type of pan, the carbon steel pan, and more and more people are getting in and using it.
So what is a Carbon Steel Pan?
Simply put, a Carbon Steel Pan is a cooking pan made out of alloy Carbon Steel. Carbon Steel is made out of a mix of both iron and carbon. A carbon steel pan is the sister of sorts to a cast iron pan, and there are minor differences between the two. The carbon steel pans react faster to different temperatures and are lighter when compared to a cast iron pan. They are also better at retaining heat.
Comparison of the cast iron frying pan and the carbon steel frying pans:
Here are a quick comparison of the cast iron frying pan and the carbon steel frying pans, which will hopefully help you in making a more informed decision about this amazing and useful kitchen tool.
- Weight: One of the most obvious differences between a cast iron pan and a carbon steel pan is its weight. Cast iron skillets are very heavy and are usually used by seasoned chefs or home cooks. The reason behind the weight of the cast iron pans is that iron is pretty brittle, and the manufacturers are bound to use more of it to ensure that the end product is durable and sturdy.
The carbon steel pan, however, is much lighter in weight and that makes it more marketable to a target audience that is not used to cooking with heavy kitchen tools. Because of its lightweight and easy maneuverability, the popularity of the carbon steel pan is growing immensely.
- Thickness and Heat Response: Another important factor to consider when deciding between a cast iron pan and a carbon steel pan is the thickness and heat response of the two.
The thickness of a pan can make a world of difference in the experience and results that a user has while cooking. The cast-iron pan is thicker and that is what ensures the ability to evenly cook, which is often associated with cast iron pans.
Carbon steel pans are not very thick, which explains why some people will always choose a cast iron pan over it. However, the thinner material of the carbon steel pan can also prove to be beneficial.
The thinner material of a carbon steel pan responds better to temperature changes. This means that a carbon steel pan will heat up quickly and will retain the heat pretty well. Not only that, but a carbon steel pan also cools down quite easily and quickly, ensuring that the user can use it according to their cooking and temperature requirements without any hassle at all.
A cast-iron pan has a thick material which means that it takes up a long time to heat up and cool down. This can be a problem if you lead a very busy lifestyle, and do not have much time to spend in the kitchen.
- Appearance: The most obvious difference between a cast iron pan and a carbon steel pan is its appearance. While the cast iron pan looks more rough and chunky, the carbon steel pan is more sleek and shiny, when you are buying it, but its appearance changes over time.
The more you use a carbon steel pan, the blacker it will become, losing its original smoothness and shine. With continued use, a layer of seasoning builds up on the inside of the carbon steel pan.
- Seasoning: This is not a difference but a similarity between the two kinds of the pan. Both the cast iron pan and the carbon steel pan need to be seasoned before using it for the first time. Even though these pans do not come as ‘non-stick’ pans, the more you use these, the more seasoned it gets, and the more non-stick it becomes over time.
- Care: This again, is more of a similarity than a difference between the two kinds of pans. Both these kinds of pans need to be cleaned gently and need some maintenance to ensure that they are durable for years and do not break down after some time.
Now that we have covered the differences and similarities between the cast iron pan and the carbon steel pan, we hope we helped you have a better idea about which type of plan will suit you and your cooking requirements the best.
Things to keep in mind while buying a carbon steel pan:
In case you choose to buy a carbon steel pan, here are some things that you should remember before investing in one.
- It may come with a beeswax coating or a silicone coating. This coating is supposed to be a preventive measure that protects the pan against rust and oxidation. This coating of the pan is to be thoroughly washed away by the user before using the pan for cooking for the first time.
- You will have to season a carbon steel pan before using it for the first time. Even if it comes as pre-seasoned, it is advised that you still season your pan before using it. A seasoned pan eventually develops a black patina, like the one on the cast iron pan. The better the pan is seasoned and used over time, the more non-stick properties it starts to display while cooking, making it easier for the user.
- Depending upon how often you use your carbon steel pan, it is common and completely normal that your pan may be looking blotchy and streaky, sometimes even for months in a line.
- A carbon steel pan is not very thick, which means that it has a great response to heat and changing temperatures. Thus, it is very easy to get carried away while cooking in a carbon steel pan and ruin your food. It is thus very important that you let the pan heat up slowly, over time, to ensure that the heat is evenly distributed. Once you are done cooking, remember to give the pan some time to cool down, and do not clean it by dunking it in hot or cold water immediately.
- Most carbon steel pans have handles that are made out of the same material as the skillet, which means that not just the skillet, but the handle too can get very hot very quickly, resulting in accidents. To prevent this, make sure that you do not try and touch the handle of the pan while you are bare-handed. Some companies even make silicone handle covers that can be slipped onto the handles of carbon steel pans to ensure that the heat does not pass through them.
- You have to wait for the seasoning to build well on your carbon steel pan before cooking something acidic on it. Once the pan is well-seasoned, you are free to cook everything that you want.
- If you do not wait for the pan to season and cook something acidic in it, the acid will strip away the seasoning off the surface of the pan.
- A carbon steel pan needs some care and maintenance to ensure that it lasts for years and decades. It needs to be cleaned and washed by hands only, as any force from a dishwasher can strip away the seasoning of the pan.
Like we mentioned in the previous point, your carbon steel pan requires some care and maintenance. The cleaning process has to be extremely gentle to ensure that you do not scrub away the seasoning coating the pan. If you see that your pan is forming any rough spots, clean it using a gentle hand and a non-abrasive scrubbing pad. Under no circumstances should you use steel wool for cleaning your carbon steel pan, or else you risk ruining it.
Now that we have covered all there was to know about the carbon steel pan, here are our top 13 recommendations to help you find the best product for you.
1. Delihom Carbon Steel Pan 100% Natural Non-stick Frying Pan
If you are thinking of getting a carbon steel frying pan for the first time, and have no idea what is best in the market, then this product is your best bet. The Delihom carbon steel pan is guaranteed without PTFE or PFOA, comes with no added chemicals that may put you at risk, and is made of 100% natural and 99% pure iron. It is a simple frying pan that does all that it claims to, and its simple design makes it ideal for first-time users. This frying pan is compatible with all cooking surfaces and cooktops, including use on gas, induction stovetops, electricity, outdoor grills, etc, making it very user-friendly. The best part about this frying pan is that the more you use this, the more non-stick it becomes, and the better it performs.
- Nitrogen has been used to harden the natural iron surface of this pan, which makes it resistible to rust and protects the pan against oxidation, and also adds in seasoning.
- This carbon steel skillet is of a French style and is much more heavy-duty and durable than other typical aluminum frying pans.
- It is equipped with an extra-long solid handle that ensures a better grip and a better balance while using the pan.
- The thinner connection points transfer less heat from the pan to your hand.
- It transfers heat quickly into the food which makes it highly preferable for broiling or fried food.
- This frying pan is compatible with a variety of heat sources, ranging from campfires to professional gas ranges, and works exceptionally great for searing. It works well with electric and induction cooktops too.
- It can be designed to handle and retain very high temperatures, which greatly helps in the cooking process.
- Package Dimensions: 10.98 x 10.87 x 2.56 inches
- Item Weight: 2.99 pounds
- Manufacturer: Delihom
- This pan maintains high temperatures while cooking.
- It comes with an extra-long handle for cooking safety.
- It is truly a non-stick pan, and the more you use it, the more non-stick it becomes.
- It is a heavy-duty and sturdy pan that is very cost-effective and user-friendly
- The parts of this frying pan need to be assembled by the user, and it can be a tough job to assemble it correctly.
2. Lodge Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet for Family Size Cooking
Another safe bet for first-timers using a Carbon Steel Pan is the Lodge Seasoned Carbon Steel Skillet. This heavy-duty pan is designed to be durable enough to last you decades. It comes equipped with a steel riveted handle, and is compatible with a variety of heat sources, like induction stovetops, outdoor grills, opens fire, gas, etc. The best part is that it is not just easy to use, but is also very easy to clean and maintain, which makes it extremely user-friendly and popular in the public.
- The Lodge Carbon Steel Skillet is perfect for professional, home, and camp use, and these pans are pre-seasoned and ready to use.
- The handle angle ensures that the user has a comfortable yet strong grip on the pan, ensuring the safety of the user from any possible accidents while cooking.
- This pan is made of 12 gauge carbon steel which is a high-density material that ensures that the pan not only heats up well and quickly but also retains that heat.
- This pan is multi-functional cookware and is the right tool for frying, sautéing, simmering, braising, and roasting.
- It is compatible with a variety of heat sources, ranging from induction to open fires out in the woods. It truly is highly effective and versatile.
- This pan is already pre-seasoned to ensure an easy release finish and is ready to use.
- Product Dimensions: 20.25 x 12 x 3.5 inches
- Item Weight: 4.1 pounds
- Department: Unisex Adult
- Manufacturer: Lodge
- It has a great Price to Quality ratio.
- This pan is lighter than cast iron and is truly user-friendly and easy to use.
- It comes equipped with a long handle that allows the user to have a comfortable yet strong grip on the pan while cooking.
- It is widely compatible with a variety of heat sources.
- It is very durable and will last you a long time.
- The pan takes some time to heat up.
- It does not have a smooth or even surface, which means it takes more time to season.
3. Matfer Bourgeat Black Steel Frying Pan
Matfer Bourgeat has been a trusted and widely-loved brand since 1814 and is known for its top-notch quality. This frying pan is made of a natural mineral, carbon steel that ensures that this is free from any harsh chemicals and promotes healthy cooking. It is designed to be extremely durable and long-lasting, while also making sure that it fulfills all the needs of its potential customers. This steel pan is also extremely versatile and is compatible with a variety of heat sources like induction, and all hob and stove types.
- It is made out of carbon steel, and this pan is free of any harsh chemicals or coatings. It is also PTFE and PFOA free and becomes extremely non-stick once it is seasoned.
- The steel handle of this frying pan is free of rivets and is welded to the body of the pan to ensure the safety of the user.
- The angled design of the steel handle is a great help when it comes to sautéing, mixing or stirring the food, without any extra hassle at all.
- The pan is well equipped to handle and maintain high temperatures when cooking.
- It is very versatile when it comes to heat sources, and is compatible with all hob and stove types, and induction too.
- It is a great tool for searing meats, browning omelets, and cooking a whole bunch of other food too.
- Product Dimensions: 0.02 x 0.02 x 0.02 inches
- Item Weight: 4.2 Pounds
- Manufacturer: Matfer Bourgeat
- The design of this pan ensures that it has an excellent heat distribution, which greatly helps the user in cooking.
- It not only withstands high temperatures but also maintains it well.
- The steel handle makes the pan easy to maneuver, while also adding a safety element for the user.
- The artificial coating that this pan comes with is quite difficult to remove and might take a few tries to remove the whole thing.
4. De Buyer Mineral B Carbon Steel Fry Pan
De Buyer was one of the first brands to use a beeswax coating in their pans, which greatly helps protect the pans from oxidation, and the company has only been improving its products over the years. This frying pan from De Buyer is hands down one of the absolute best available in the market and is mostly targeted towards professionals and home cooks who take cooking very seriously. It is made out of 100% natural and 99% pure iron-carbon steel that helps make it extremely sturdy and durable, while also protecting it from oxidation and ensuring extremely even heat distribution. Its durable and sturdy built ensures that you get the maximum use out of it because it will last you for years to come.
- This pan is made out of 100% natural and 99% pure iron, and it has a beeswax finish that protects it against oxidation.
- The more the pan is used, the more non-stick its surface becomes.
- It is oven safe and can be used for up to 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is PTFE and PFOA free.
- The rivets are designed in a way that ensures that they will not loosen up over time.
- The product has two handles to help the user in maneuvering the pan easily and safely.
- Product Dimensions: 4.2 x 12.6 x 1.7 inches
- Item Weight: 5.79 pounds
- Manufacturer: De Buyer
- It comes with two handles that make maneuvering the pan easier and safer for the user.
- The more you use it, the more non-stick it becomes.
- It comes with a beeswax coating, which helps prevent oxidation.
- It is very durable and well-built and will last you for years to come.
- If you are not used to handling heavy pans, this is not for you, and this pan is slightly on the heavier side.
5. BK Cookware Black Carbon Steel Skillet
If you are unsure about whether you will like cooking with a carbon steel pan but are curious about it, then this affordable carbon steel skillet is the one for you. It is made with Black Steel which is three times denser than aluminum, is corrosion and stain-resistant, and is more durable than the traditional grey carbon steel skillet. It is designed to develop a natural non-stick patina layer, and the more you use it, the more non-stick it becomes. It also comes with a thin silicone wax coating, instead of a thick layer of beeswax, which makes the process of removing the coating much easier for the user.
- The BK Cookware Black Carbon Steel skillet is a lightweight pan made of unique black carbon steel that makes it resistant to corrosion and staining, while also making it durable.
- It is pre-seasoned and comes ready to use, and the more you use it, the more non-stick it becomes.
- It is compatible with all stovetops and outdoor grills.
- The pan ships with a thin layer of silicone instead of a thick layer of beeswax, ensuring that it is easier for the user to clean the pan before using it for the first time.
- The heat-responsive design gives you the same beautiful searing results of a cast iron, without any hassle at all.
- It is metal utensil safe and is safe to use in ovens for up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 5 x 5 inches
- Item Weight: 3.79 pounds
- Manufacturer: BK Cookware
- It is very affordable and is a great pan for a first time user of carbon steel pans.
- It comes pre-seasoned, which makes it ready to use.
- It is oven safe for up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is compatible with all stovetops and outdoor grills.
- It is not as durable as the other carbon steel pans in the market.
6. Lodge 10 inch Carbon Steel Skillet
This Lodge Carbon Steel Skillet is perfect for the cook in you. It comes in two sizes of 10 inches and 12 inches each, to fit your cooking needs better. It is made with heavy-duty 12 gauge carbon steel that makes it exceptionally durable and sturdy. It comes seasoned, which ensures a natural finish that improves with use. The more you use it, the more non-stick it becomes. The lodge takes customer safety very seriously and has added a Silicone Hot Handle Holder to this pan, which ensures that the user is safe while cooking, and protects your hands from heat.
- It is made of heavy-duty 12 gauge carbon steel and steel riveted handles.
- It comes pre-seasoned for a more natural, and easy-release finish that improves over time.
- The more you use the pan, the more non-stick it becomes.
- It is your go-to kitchen tool to sear, sauté, grill, roast, and fry your food with exceptional ease.
- It works great with induction cooktops.
- It is equipped with the orange Silicone Hot Handle Handler that ensures the safety of the user and protects them from heat.
- It can withstand heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is dishwasher-safe.
- Product Dimensions: 19.13 x 10 x 3.5 inches
- Item Weight: 3.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Lodge Manufacturing Company
- It is relatively lightweight.
- This frying pan is truly non-stick, and improves over time.
- The heat is evenly distributed.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It is pretty affordable and a total value for money product.
- The pan can become warped over time and with continual use,
7. Mauviel Made in France M’Steel Black Steel Frying Pan
Mauviel is a brand that has immense popularity in professional and commercial circles since decades. Its products are now available not just to the professional chefs, but also to the home cooks. This 12.5 inch frying pan is made of Black Carbon Steel which is an excellent heat conductor and is extremely durable. The steel is designed to withstand high temperatures, which makes this the best pan for excellent searing. It is compatible and works on all cooktops, including induction cooktops. It also comes with a coating of beeswax, that protects the pan from oxidation and rusting. The pan will darken over time with use, which creates a naturally non-stick surface.
- It is made of extra thick black carbon steel, and comes equipped with iron handles.
- It can withstand high temperatures, which makes it ideal for searing.
- It is extremely heavy duty and durable, and its ability to withstand high temperatures allows it to preheat for longer durations.
- The pan comes with a coating of beeswax which protects it from rusting and oxidation. This coating is to be washed away before using the pan.
- The user is to season the pan before the first use. Once the pan is seasoned, it performs beautifully as a non-stick pan, and the more you use it, the more non-stick it becomes over time.
- It is compatible with a wide variety of heat sources like gas, electric, induction, halogen stovetops, etc.
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 12.5 x 2 inches
- Item Weight: 5 pounds
- Manufacturer: Mauviel
- The rivets for the handles are sturdy and do not budge.
- The handle is sturdy and long, and does not get overly hot when cooking on the stovetop.
- The bees wax layer can be removed easily if the user follows the instruction given along with the product.
- The pan seasons well, and truly is a non-stick pan which only improves over time.
- The pan is very sturdy and durable, and is designed to be extremely user-friendly and easy to use.
- This pan is more on the heavier side, and you should get it only if you are comfortable with using heavy frying pans.
- The bees wax layer can take a few tries to wash off properly, but following the instructions given with the pan can greatly help you in this regard.
8. Magefesa Carbon On Steel 9 inch Paeella Pan
If you are interested in buying a Paella pan then a Spanish company should definitely be on your list. Paella pans are often made from carbon steel, and this capan from Magefesa is no exception. This durable and sturdy carbon on steel pan is very affordable and because of its size, also very compact and easy to store. It is compatible with a wide variety of heat sources. It is extremely user-friendly, and designed to make sure that the user is able to easily and comfortably handle and maneuver it.
- This Spanish Paella pan is made of carbon on steel.
- It is very sturdy and durable, ensuring that you get good use out of it.
- It is also very easy to clean.
- It is suitable with a variety of heat sources such as alimentary firewood, gas and oven too.
- It is designed to ensure that it heats up quickly, while also distributing the heat evenly throughout the pan.
- It comes equipped with dual riveted handles that acts as a safety element for the user and helps them have a better grip on the pan.
- Material: Carbon
- Brand: Magefesa
- Item Diameter: 9 inches
- Color: Silver
- Item Dimensions L x H: 32 x 31 x 9 inches
- It is built well, and has the traditional style of a Paella pan.
- The dual riveted handles makes it easy to move the pan on and off the burner.
- It comes in a wide variety of sizes to accommodate any size party.
- It is extremely affordable.
- Only suitable for hand washing.
9. AUS-ION Skillet with Satin Finish, 3mm Australian Iron, Professional Grade Cookware
The 7 inch AUS-ION skillet with satin finish is made from one seamless piece of 3mm thick Australian sheet iron. It is a traditional fry pan meant for smaller jobs, and is equipped with 2 inch high sides. The seamless, one-piece construction means that there are no rivets, ensuring that there is no place for food or bits of steel wool to get caught on. This pan and its handles are designed to ensure maximum comfort, easy grip, and safety of the users. The ample venting in the handle neck reduces heat transfer ensuring a cooler handle that is safer for the user. The pan heats up quickly and is also able to distribute the heat properly and evenly.
- It’s seamless and one piece construction means that there are no rivets, which means that there is nothing for the food or bits of steel wool to get caught on.
- It is naturally pre-seasoned, offering a healthy non-stick option.
- It does not have any extra coating, which means that the users do not need to go through the extra hassle of stripping the coating away and cleaning it.
- It is capable of withstanding high temperatures, and also retaining the heat.
- This 7 inch skillet is made out of 3mm Australian iron.
- It is designed to be extremely heavy-duty and durable, and is built to last.
- Ergonomic, wide and concave handle allows the user to have maximum control and comfort while using the pan.
- The ample venting in the handle neck reduces heat transfer ensuring a cooler handle that is safer for the user.
- Package Dimensions: 19.49 x 12.01 x 4.49 inches
- Item Weight: 14 ounces
- Manufacturer: AUS-ION
- The seamless design with no rivets is amazing.
- The cooking surface is extremely smooth.
- The handle allows the user to have a better grip on the pan, and the generous venting on the neck of the handle keeps the handle cool.
- It is quite expensive.
10. Denmark Tools for Cooks Carbon Steel Collection- Pre Seasoned Ultra DurableGrillPan
This Grill Pan from Denmark Tools for Cooks is a part of Elements- a Seasoned Carbon Steel Cookware Line that is ultra-durable. This pan can withstand extreme temperatures and is compatible with all heat sources. It is also pre-seasoned for a natural non-stick function that only keeps on improving over time and with use. It is also designed to reach high temperatures quickly, and is an excellent kitchen tool for browning, searing and grilling.
- This pan is pre-seasoned for a natural, easy release finish that keeps on improving with time and use.
- It is equipped with a riveted cast iron handle that ensures a safe and comfortable grip for its users.
- It has a chemical free finish and is PFOA and PTFE free.
- It is designed to withstand extreme temperatures.
- It is compatible with all heat sources including gas cooktops, electric cooktops, ceramic cooktops and induction cooktops.
- It is also oven, broiler and grill safe.
- The skillet has a depth of 1.5 inch, and comes equipped with a corner pour spout to help drain liquids.
- Material: Steel
- Brand: Denmark Tools for Cooks
- Item Diameter: 10.5 inches
- Oven Safe: Yes
- It is extremely affordable.
- This pan is compatible with a variety of heat sources.
- It is designed to withstand extreme temperatures.
- It warps easily.
- It is not very non-stick.
11. Paderno Heavy Duty Carbon Steel 11 inch Frying Pan
The Paderno Heavy Duty Carbon Steel 11 inch Frying Pan is a high quality, carbon steel pan. It is designed to be durable and extremely sturdy, while also being able to heat p quickly. It is equipped to be able to preheat for long periods of time at high temperatures, without having any damage to itself. It also comes equipped with a flat iron handle which is affixed with rivets and helps the user have a more comfortable and better grip on the pan while cooking. It works excellently for searing. It is very thick and heavy duty.
- It comes in different sizes to cater to different purposes. Its sizes range from 7.78 inch to 19.58 inch.
- This is one of the best carbon steel pans when it comes to thickness. It has a thickness of around 3mm which means that it can not only withstand high temperatures, but it can also retain the heat.
- It is extremely heavy duty and durable.
- The handle is also sturdy, and provides a comfortable, yet, strong grip.
- It is perfect for seasoning.
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 11 x 2 inches
- Item Weight: 6 pounds
- Manufacturer: Paderno World Cuisine
- It can withstand high levels of heat.
- It can be used on various cooktops.
- It is available in different sizes.
- It is great for flipping and seasoning.
- It comes with a riveted handle that provides a comfortable grip and better stability.
- This pan is not suitable for the dishwasher.
- The handle is flat, and can be uncomfortable to use for some.
12. BALLARINI Professionale 3000 Carbon Steel Fry Pan
BALLARINI is an Italian brand that specializes in premium cookware inspired by the rich tradition of Italian cuisine. This pan is a part of their 3000 series that is widely popular and loved. This pan is extremely light weight while maintaining an impressive durability. These pans are designed to withstand high temperatures and also retain the heat, which makes them an excellent choice for searing and browning. It’s angled handles and sloped side walls prevent food from spilling and allows the user to sauté and toss their food like a professional. This pan is designed to give you the premium professional feel right from the comfort of your home.
- This frying pan is designed to be lightweight, but is extremely durable.
- It comes equipped with a superior flat base stability that ensures that this pan will not budge.
- It also has sloped sidewalls that offer easy tossing and sautéing.
- It comes equipped with a heat retention ability like no other, which makes it the ideal choice for browning and searing.
- It also comes with an angled handle that provides the user with a comfortable grip and superior stability.
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 4.9 x 9.6 inches
- Item Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: Ballarini
- It is very affordable.
- It has an even heat distribution.
- It is also easy to clean.
- It is extremely durable and sturdy, while being very light weight too.
- This pan is prone to warping.
13. KUTIME Frying Pan Set of 2, 8.7 inch & 11 inch Frying Pan
KUTIME is a brand that manufactures cookware and is known for their product quality and fashionable design. These frying pans are designed to not only be durable, but also practical. This set of 2 frying pans are extremely durable, while also being lightweight and large enough to cater to your cooking needs. They have a premium inner ceramic coating which helps in getting the food out of the pan easily and with zero hassles. They are PTFE, PFOA, lead and cadmium free, ensuring the complete safety of your family and loved ones. These pans also come with an outer anti-rust coating. The pans are designed to heat up quickly and evenly, and retain the heat. They are also compatible with a variety of heat sources and are also oven safe for up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. They also come with handles that help the user to have a better grip on the pan, while also acting as a safety element for the user.
- These pans come in a set of two, having a 8.7 inch and an 11 inch non stick frying pan.
- These frying pans are extremely durable and also very practical, to help fulfil all of your cooking needs.
- These pans are PTFE, PFOA, lead and cadmium free.
- They are also non-stick, and come with an inner coating of ceramic that helps in sliding off the food from the pans with extreme ease.
- They also come equipped with an anti-rust layer on the outside.
- These pans are compatible with a variety of heat sources like gas cooktops, induction cooktops, and electric stovetops.
- They are also oven safe for up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- These pans also come equipped with ergonomic stainless steel handles that conduct heat slowly and dissipate heat quickly to ensure that the user is not harmed by it.
- The handles also provide the users with the ability to maneuver the pan easily while having a good grip on it.
- The three layer bottom heat conductivity ensures that the pans heat up quickly and evenly, and retain the heat for long.
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 12.5 x 4.4 inches
- Item Weight: 4.34 pounds
- Manufacturer: KUTIME
- The pans are dishwasher safe.
- This set of two pans are very affordable and have no compromise on quality in any way.
- The handles do not get hot.
- The pans are compatible with a variety of heat sources.
- These are truly great non-stick pans.
- These pans are slightly on the heavier side.
Now that you have seen and read up about all our recommendations, it will be easier for you to decide on a carbon steel pan that would best suit your needs. However, if you are still confused, here are our top three recommendations to help you narrow this list down some more:
This carbon steel pan is hands down the best contender in the market and offers you all the features that you could want in your frying pan. It is slightly expensive, but is definitely value for money as it is extremely durable and will last you for decades.
This carbon steel pan closely seconds the De Buyer pan. It is moderately priced and is designed to be extremely durable and long lasting, while also making sure that it fulfils all the needs of its potential customers. This steel pan is also extremely versatile and is compatible with a variety of heat sources like induction, and all hob and stove types.
This is the most affordable carbon steel pan in the list as it comes in a set of 2 pans. Both the pans are extremely well designed to not only be durable, but also very practical.