Spray painting is a stress burning activity, Feels so good spraying paint all over your house to make it look magnificent and adorable. Generally, it takes a lot of time to paint stuff with the help of a roller or a brush. This is the only reason, why we should use spray paints. We can paint rooms, fence, sidings, Deck or any area of your house with the help of spray paints. Moreover, it does not put much pressure on your arms, shoulders and back. You do not need to compromise your health to paint your house.
The work gets more interesting if you’re doing a DIY project or a doodling wall. The most important concern here is how to choose a paint sprayer. Well, you don’t need to stress out, we are here to help you find out the best paint sprayer for your house. We have picked 13 based paints sprayers for you from various brands, with an interesting and extraordinary feature. But before going in, let’s get to know paint sprayers a little more.
WHY DO WE NEED A PAINT SPRAYER (WHEN TO USE)
- A paint spray can be used in large spaces for example house sidings
- It can even be used to paint furniture, by reaching even the tiniest point where brushes can’t reach
- You can easily paint your empty house with the help of a paint sprayer
- Not only this, walls, ceilings and even fences can be painted.
WHY NOT USE PAINT SPRAYER (WHEN NOT TO USE)
- It is good to not use a paint sprayer for small jobs, Specially on the areas where a paint sprayer would create a mess
- It is expected to not use a paint sprayer when you are considerate and unsure about the amount of paint you have.
- Well, spray painting requires lots of hard work where you need to type your walls.
- Cleaning the machine is more time consuming as compare to brushes, trays and rollers
PROS OF PAINT SPRAYERS
- Painting with spray paint is a fast process; it does not take much time. Once pray with the help of a spare is similar to 3-4 coats with a brush.
- You can get various projects done very easily, it is very convenient to use. You can cover various spaces of your home and exteriors easily, faster. Not only this but hard to reach areas can also be painted easily
- Painting with the help of a paint sprayer dries very fast as compare to the traditional method
- You tend to get more even results because this sprayer mixes the paint with air and shoots out the paint evenly onto the surface.
- Spray painting makes your place look more professional
CONS OF PAINT SPRAYERS
- Lots of extra paint is used in the process. It uses a large amount of paint. For example, some spares use 20% more paint as compare to the traditional method. In case you use an airless paint sprayer, it uses 40% of more paint.
- Cleaning your sprayer becomes a very difficult task It is easy to clean brush and rollers, it might just take five minutes. Cleaning here spray would take more time; you would require a cleaning kit separately for a spare.
- Paints sprayers are more expensive than brushes and rollers, you need to invest once. Alternatively, they give you amazing results
- In case you want to do retouching, it can be only done with the help of a sprayer. You cannot use paints with the help of a brush.
- The paint sprayer might need a compressor, which adds cost.
- Overspray is the surplus paint or varnish that gets sprayed or blown past a surface’s intended coating area. It’s not unusual to produce a lot of overspray for new painters. At best, this creates a mess to clean up when you’re finished, and a lot of paint is wasted. You may have found that painting is not always cheap.
TYPES OF PAINT SPRAYERS
- AIRLESS PAINT SPRAYERS– Airless paint sprayer is when the paint comes out due to very high pressure. These sprays are best for painting exterior surfaces including fences, deck or shutters. They can be thicker paint as compared to high-volume low-pressure sprays.
- PNEUMATIC/COMPRESSED AIR PAINT SPRAYERS– These sprayers use compressed air to apply paints, they produce smooth and good results. These are suitable for painting cabinets and Furniture. The only drawback here is that these create a mess because they tend to overspray as compare to others. You can consider this type of spray to be the cheapest option. In case you already have an air compressor, all you need to do is just buy a paint gun and a hose
- HIGH-VOLUME LOW-PRESSURE SPRAYERS– Low-volume high-pressure sprays carry drops of paint instead of a large volume of pain. In this pain travels at a very slow speed, to stick at your surface. The finish is flawless and smooth. HVLP spares does not waste much pain but remain one of the most expensive. These can be used for painting cabinets, doors, trim etc.
MECHANISM USED IN PAINT SPRAYERS
- HANDHELD PAINT SPRAYERS– Handheld paints sprayers are portable, lightweight and compact. You can easily move from one place to another. These provide you with a heavy spray option and can paint smaller surfaces. These are cordless, that prevents stripping. These are not as expensive as the other sprays, hence may not burn your pockets.
You can choose different thickness and patterns, without messing up. If you are working on a bigger project, then hand sprays are not suitable. As they can’t hold a lot of paint at once, it would usually be necessary to refill handheld paint sprayers at a very irritating pace. It’s not ideal to break out of the project to refill the unit every so often.
- TURBINE PAINT SPRAYERS– Turbine paint sprayers propel the paint using a turbine system. The turbine ejects the air and the paint is borne on the air. The turbine usually includes a vacuum cleaner-style engine that removes any need for compressors or airlines to run into them. HVLP paint sprayers are for the most part, where you can find turbine systems. With engines, they operate well as they use a higher amount of air to propel the paint at low-pressure levels.
There’s less airflow in the case of a turbine model. This means that more colour will hit the surface you’re spraying, and with other versions, you won’t waste as much paint as you may. This also means less pollution, so the “greener” option among the finest paint sprayers is turbine models. Also, turbine models need a good respiration mask when being used, considering the improved rate of pollution. During the phase, certain quantities of fumes will always be produced.
- HOSES– Choosing this is a little bit complex because it depends upon the type of job you prefer to do. If you want to cover large areas, you need a larger one that can extend up to 25 feet. Make sure that you choose a hose carefully; the wrong length would put you in trouble. Generally, there are three types that include short, medium and long.
- GARDEN HOSE CONNECTION– Having a connection can save your time, because generally, you have to go through a lot of hassle of paint sprayer hose cleaning. It is preferable to have a connection to a garden hose. In certain cases, there can be clogging. At this point of time, hooking up a garden hose would settle up all the mess.
- FILTERS– Filters are necessary for a smooth finish. To remove debris is from your pant and to prevent blogging, you need to choose a perfect filter for your spring machine.
- SIZE/PORTABILITY– Size plays a very important role, paint sprayers are available in different sizes and shapes. Some are portable and small, making it easy to manage whereas the others are very large. Choosing one depends upon the type of work you do. If you’re spray painting machine comes with handles in fields, it becomes significantly easy to use and to move it from one place to another. Most of the best paint sprayers come with wheels as the way up to 30 LBS. There are few which are even less than 5LBS, making it very easy to carry. Generally, small ones are cordless. Heavy ones are considered to be one of the most powerful, suitable for large work.
- ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE– The majority of paint sprayers come with a pressure adjustable feature. It’s limited, however to pneumatic and HVLP sprayers. Airless paint sprayers do not have adjustable pressure characteristics, so to get the same result, you have to use various tips. However, without the hassle of tip switching all day long, you can handle the spray speed, pattern, and thickness with adjustable pressure settings.
- TIPS– To achieve various spray patterns, paint sprayer tips are used. Depending on how thick they are, they can also be used for the management of different paints. Ideally, you’ll want a range of tips for your paint sprayer. As you approach various projects, this will give you plenty of options. You can even spray varnish/lacquer to seal the paint coats.
- TEMPERATURE- Make sure you always use paint sprayers within a range of 45-75 degrees (F). the paint quality will fall if it’s too hot or too cold. Painting right in the sun can make it to dry too fast, and the paint won’t bond properly.
- PAIN POWER SOURCE– Paint sprayers are found in different ways, like electric sprayers, Fuel-powered spares and even cordless sprays. Most of the hand-operated paint sprayers are like staple guns.
- SPRAYER ACCESSORIES– The paint sprayer should come with basic accessories and some fashionable accessories to make painting experience much more interesting.
- EXTENSIONS– Having extensions can provide you with immense comfort, while spraying. Painting without the use of extension can lead to back issues and other physical pain. Always make sure that you purchase a paint sprayer which has extensions.
- PROTECTANTS AND CONDITIONERS– Protectant and conditioners and handy chemicals that are used to prevent your paint from sticking, freezing or even rusting. Please extend the lifetime of your paint.
TOP 13 BEST PAINT SPRAYER IN 2020
- 1. Wagner Spraytech Control Spray Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 2. Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer
- 3. Wagner Spraytech Control Spray Double Duty HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 4. HomeRight Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 5. Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Paint Sprayer
- 6. VonHaus HVLP Electric Spray Gun
- 7. HomeRight Super Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 8. RexBeTi HVLP Paint Spray Gun
- 9. Meditool Advanced Electric HVLP Paint Spray Gun
- 10. Astro 4008 Meditool Paint Spray Gun with Cup
- 11. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Paint Sprayer
- 12. Fuji Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
- 13. NEU MASTER N3140 Electric HVLP Spray Gun
TOP 13 BEST PAINT SPRAYER IN 2020
1. Wagner Spraytech Control Spray Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Let’s start; this is an HVLP paint sprayer from the brand Wagner Spraytech. This is one of the best brands, which provides you with affordable and versatile products.
- This paint sprayer includes a spray, 1.5-quart plastic cup, 20 feet hose, 1-quart metal cup, User manual and a viscosity cup.
- What is budget-friendly and is equipped with a powerful to stage turbine.
- It can also be used to spray stains, latex and Lacquers Apart from paints.
- The spray has a very trendy design; it looks amazing with a very strong built.
- The user can adjust the airflow and pattern using variable air pressure control. Then customise the paint flow by the adjustable setting
- It is easy to clean, you might not end up sitting hours to clean it
- It comes with 3 spray patterns including horizontal, vertical and centre aligned.
- It doesn’t make much noise
- Nozzle size of the paint sprayer is fixed
- The metallic and plastic cup does not have a lid
2. Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Sprayer
- Graco is one of the top brands with a really good reputation and goodwill.
- It is a top-notch airless been spared that includes RAC IV 515 Switch tip, SG2 metal spray gun, Pump armour storage fluid, Power flush adopter, user manual, quick start guide and 25 feet duraflex paint hose.
- It is lightweight and also comes with an adjustable pressure feature that allows on the parallel flow of paint.
- It is adorable if you are willing to do DIY projects.
- The paint sprayer comes with a DVD, to make you understand working properly. It provides you with easy to follow instructions.
- The body is a hundred Percent metallic, which makes it durable.
- The paint sprayer has a flexible suction tube that helps you to pin directly from 1/5 gallon containers.
- The hose is very long, 25 feet that can be extended up to 75 feet. You can easily move from one place to another, without any back pain.
- This paint sprayer can be used for indoor and outdoor painting and is one of the best in the list.
- It is expensive; you can purchase it from Amazon directly. It is worth purchasing
- The paint sprayer has a metallic build
- It is lightweight and easy to use
- The paint sprayer comes with a DVD, and operation manual which is user-friendly
- This prayer tend to lose suction when you get to the bottom of the paint
3. Wagner Spraytech Control Spray Double Duty HVLP Paint Sprayer
- This is one of the most recommended products, because of its adorable design and inexpensive nature.
- It is an HVLP sprayer that comes with a dual-stage air turbine.
- The spray can be used for indoor and outdoor painting, it comes with three patterns including round, vertical and horizontal.
- The paint bursts out of the spray. It does not provide you with a continuous flow
- The product comes with the instruction manual along with a viscosity measuring cup
- You can make 0.5-9 inch white patterns with the help of the paint sprayer.
- It has adjustable/variable trigger that helps you control the flow of your paint.
- It is inexpensive and one of the best in case if you are a beginner.
- It comes with a manual, which is easy to read
- The spray comes with a two-stage turbine
- It provides you with three spray patterns
- The paint cup needs to be refilled frequently because of the small size
4. HomeRight Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Homeright finish max paint sprayer is the HVLP sprayer, which comes with the cleaning brush, air nozzle and a viscosity cup.
- It is one of the most convenient choices for beginners and professionals.
- It has adjustable settings to control the flow of the paint, making it very easy to use
- It is simple to clean, and simple to set up.
- The machine comes with a brass plate of technology
- Provide you with the flexible spray patterns including round, horizontal and vertical.
- The design is simple, ergonomic, and is of 400 watts.
- It comes with 2 years warranty.
- The spray is affordable and best for beginners and professionals.
- It provides you with an adjustable flow control knob along with three flexible spray patterns
- It can be used with various types of paints
- Does not come with an adapter, making it difficult to connect to the garden hose.
5. Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Paint Sprayer
- This is a cordless airless handheld paint sprayer, portable and very easy to use.
- It is suitable for small projects.
- This prayer comes with a small quantity to test paint material, before painting the whole area.
- It has a good battery that lasts for a longer period of time. The battery level can spray 1 gallon of paint. It may take 35 minutes to charge fully.
- You can use the paint with water, solvent or any other flammable-based material.
- It is very easy to set up, use and clean.
- It comes with a TRIAX triple piston pump along with a pro connect in case of unmatched performance
- It has Dewalt XR Lithium-ion battery.
- The machine is cordless and lightweight.
- Easy to clean
- It is not suitable for large projects
6. VonHaus HVLP Electric Spray Gun
- This is a fast paint sprayer, which can go with any type of paint including varnish, oil stains, clear sealer, oil enamel etc.
- It is suitable for indoor and outdoor painting. The machine comes with a 35FL.OZ paint bottle that does not require frequent refilling
- It provides you with please spray patterns including diagonal, vertical and horizontal, to make the work much more interesting
- It comes with a simple flow adjustment nozzle, makes it easier to work with.
- It includes a thermal cut-out function which cuts the power when the motor gets extremely hot.
- It includes or easy to clean fit, that minimises your effort
- It has an adjustable spray volume, which makes it easy to operate
- It comes with a large cup capacity
- The spray gun gets a bit noisy
7. HomeRight Super Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- It is a good option, especially for beginners and for people who frequently prefer doing DIYs.
- It includes three nozzle tips, cleaning brush, a wrench; two spray pattern caps, a container lid, and a user manual.
- It is used for painting cabinets and furniture.
- The 450 Watt sprayer can manage various base materials including enamels, varnish, clear sealers, polyurethane, stain and latex paints.
- It comes with 6 spray tips including from 1mm till 4mm.
- The product is inexpensive and comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is very powerful, with 450 W motor.
- It can handle thick paints along with other base materials.
- The spray comes with 2 years warranty.
- It comes with 6 spray tips, for flexible working.
- Over spraying is an issue.
- It consumes a lot of Cleaning time
8. RexBeTi HVLP Paint Spray Gun
- This is an HVLP paint spray, suitable to paint furniture, cabinets and walls.
- It is user-friendly and will not burn your pockets.
- It is made up of steel, a very durable frame that makes the product look strong.
- The spray machine has a premium powder-coated finish, which makes it look appealing.
- It comes with a waterproof, and a shelter lock.
- the machine has 750 W motor that paints a surface with the flow of 1000 ML per minute.
- It comes with 800 ML container, user manual, viscosity cup and a cleaning needle.
- The machine is definitely not suitable for large projects, Specially exteriors
- It provides you with 3 patterns, to make your painting experience interesting
- The machine has a really good flow
- It is very easy to use, perfect for beginners
- It comes with three spray patterns
- You need to refill the container
- It is not suitable for large projects
9. Meditool Advanced Electric HVLP Paint Spray Gun
- Advanced electric paint gun spray is an HVLP paint sprayer that provides you with three spray patterns including circular, horizontal and vertical.
- It has an adjustable knob, Which makes it easy to use
- The ergonomic design along with a comfortable handle prevents back pain.
- It has a huge container, of 900 ML. You do not need to stress about refilling it.
- The machine comes with three nozzles, including 1.5 MM, 1.8 MM and 2.5 MM.
- it is very easy to clean the paint sprayer because all the parts can be dissembled.
- The model comes with ergonomic design, making it easy to use
- It comes with three nozzles
- It has a huge container
- The spray to clean, but can be dissembled.
- It is not suitable for large projects
- You will find various other models powerful than this
10. Astro 4008 Meditool Paint Spray Gun with Cup
- Here we reach to number 10, this is an all-purpose paint spray which is very easy to clean
- It comes with a 1-quart capacity cup size.
- You can adjust the fan size up to 11 inches, as per the distance
- It runs on a 3HP compressor
- The machine comes with a really good that gives instruction about the material read, fan speed, fan size dial etc.
- There are no chances of paint spill
- It comes with a one year warranty
- It is suitable for heavy coating, provide you with a faster experience
- The machine is affordable
- There are chances of paint splash when used with an empty cup
11. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Paint Sprayer
- This machine comes with a fully adjustable pressure control system, to manage your pain flow.
- The steel piston pump enables you to paint un-thinned at high pressure.
- It has a really large suction tube, flexible.
- It has a power-flush adaptor, that gets connected to the garden hose
- It has 100 feet Hose, for perfect movement.
- The machine provides you with a reliable and fast start-up, every time you begin
- It is very simple to use and clean
- It comes with 100 feet hose
- The suction tube can extract paint from the 5-gallon tub
- The machine is quite expensive
12. Fuji Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
- This is a professional spray gun that comes with adjustable pattern fan control system.
- It has a 1.3 MM air cap Installed within
- The machine comes with a metal turbine case
- It has a 25 feet hose and it also includes an air control valve to reduce overspray
- It is an Amazon’s choice product, highly rated
- The machine includes a turbine, M models spray gun and a 25 feet hose.
- It has a 25 feet hose
- It is easy to carry and use
- The metallic build makes it look stunning
- Prevents overspray
- It’s expensive, may cost you around $439
13. Neu Master N3140 Electric HVLP Spray Gun
- Finally, we come to the end of this list; this is an electric HVLP spray gun.
- The gun comes with a turbofan, for better airflow.
- It is user-friendly, lightweight and inexpensive.
- It provides you with three spray patterns along with the adjustable flow technology.
- It can be used with other base materials including enamel paints, varnish, car enamel, primer, wood preservatives and a lot more.
- It has a 600-watt product
- The machine comes with three patterns
- It has a built-in turbofan
- It is inexpensive and user-friendly
- There are various other powerful models available
After the entire hustle tussle, we have reached to the conclusion. Well, we are pretty sure that we might have helped you clear your confusion and choose one paint spray machine that is suitable for your type of work. One of the best machines in the list is Wagner Spraytech Control spray Max HVLP paint sprayer. Apart from this, you can also purchase Graco Magnum 262805 – X7 paint sprayer or a Fuji semi-pro 2 paint sprayers. Considering the brands, WAGNER, GRACO and home right tend to be one of the most popular brands. Almost 2 products of each are a part of this list. Finally, it’s your choice to decide one that is best for your house. One thing to keep in mind is that maintain a clean, transparent and free of various debris when you start painting. It is possible to see surface scars and other lumps through the paint. Sandpaper or steel wool is one way of smoothing down a surface. Afterwards, wipe it down with a cloth to clean up the remaining pieces. Make sure that you keep in mind all the basic requirements and the things that need to be looked before purchasing the product.