If you are looking to buy Mattress for your bedrooms and guest rooms or hotel rooms under 500 dollars but you are confused about which one will be the best according to your requirement, we will give you some good suggestions about the best mattresses for just under 500 dollars. If you don’t know what mattresses are and how to choose them, we will provide you with an easy and thorough guide to help you out in this.
Different people and different places require different types of mattresses. Through this guide, you will be able to decide which mattress best suits your requirement.
A mattress is a huge, rectangular upholster designed just for holding up a resting body. It is used as a bed, a part of the bed. Everybody wants to get peaceful and soothing sleep, but this does not mean to get proper sleep you need to spend thousands of dollars to buy a mattress. There are so many products which are available in the market for just under 500 dollars from which you can reap the benefit. Using these affordable mattresses for under 500 dollars will give you proper and restful sleep for a short period up until you can buy some good and higher-priced mattress in future.
A mattress is made up of heavy clothes which usually contain hair, straw, foam, cotton or a set of metal springs. Some mattresses are also filled with air or water. The mattress is always placed on top of the bed which may be solid or of a pad form. It at least consists of one layer of interior spring together with bolster materials. These springs and inner bolster materials sometimes get supplied with a removable cover. Some mattresses are also filled with water and air or natural ingredients like futons. Standard mattresses include two important sections – the first is the core and the second is the solace layer. The first part- Core is also called the support layer. The second part which is also known as the upholstery is covered with a thick material called tickling. The second part- the solace or comfort layer covers the mattress and provides upholstery and comfort. The comfort layer has three parts – the insulator, the middle cushion and the duvet.
Features of a Mattress:
Choosing a new mattress can be a very confusing and doubtful process as you need to know which one will be the best mattress that will provide you with a peaceful sleep and support you and your family’s spinal problems and health. You need to know about the features of the mattress to ensure its quality before you buy any. The most important features which should always be there in the mattress which you buy are as follows:
- The springs and coils of the mattress provide back support- The coil of the mattress comes in different sizes and thickness. The coil which has a lower gauge number means that the mattress will be thicker, sturdy and stiff. Although a high number of metal springs denotes that the mattress is of high quality but it does not mean that every mattress with a higher number of metal springs will be best for you. It depends on the patient’s choice about which mattress best suits their requirement and helps them in relieving back pain.
- Mattress wadding gives comfort- Apart from the spring coils in the mattress, the waddings on top of the mattress also signifies a higher quality. The paddings are made up of polyurethane foam, puffed polyester or cotton balls. You should always go for the mattress which gives you the utmost comfort.
- Mattress with middle wadding- This type of mattress padding is found below the duvet layer. When you look into the mattress section, always consider looking at them from the side because the mattress with softer foams feels moist and it is not very firm but the foams which are tougher do not spring back easily.
- Mattress with insulation feature- The coil spring contains the insulating feature of the mattress so that a person cannot feel that it is there and it also saves the coil from ruining the topper most layers of the mattress.
- The duvets and ticking of the mattress- A ticking is a polyester that is usually found on the outer layer of the mattress. The duvets are attached by the ticking of the mattress on the topmost layer of the wadding. You can look for the quality of the mattress by looking for any kind of broken stitches.
- Foundation of the Mattress- Another level of support is added to the mattress with the help of foundation or box spring. A mattress with springs feels softer in comparison to the mattress which has a wooden frame. You can only buy a wooden mattress when you find it straight and with no cracks. It is always good that you buy the foundation and mattress together as a set as it is very helpful to preserve the mattress.
Advantages of a hard and a soft Mattress:
- If you do not have any kind of back pain then you should opt for a hard mattress because sleeping on a hard surface will help your bones take most of the pressure which will help your muscles, veins, arteries to take up less tension. This will ensure improved circulation because the muscles will be less tensed.
- A hard mattress will also protect your spines from collapsing. When the back is less sagging it means that your body weight is distributed evenly and there is no room for tension.
- If you sleep on your back then a hard mattress is best suited for you because it will provide you with a more flat and stable surface.
- If you have any kind of back pain or have already identified any kind of back problem then this kind of mattress is the best option for you. This mattress is also recommended for people who have less weight because if they sleep on a hard mattress their weight will not even be taken.
- If you sleep on one side then the soft mattress is the best option for you because the softer mattress aligns the spine in the side in a better way.
Disadvantages of Harder and Softer Mattress:
- If you have recently transited from a softer mattress to a harder mattress then initially it will feel very uncomfortable but with time it will become normal.
- Those people who have arthritis and scoliosis if sleep on a harder mattress their problem will worsen. This is the reason you need to try different mattresses before buying them.
- If you sleep on your back or abdomen then softer mattresses are not the right choice for you.
- A soft mattress is a problem for couples because the person heavier in weight will sink and the sleeping surface will become very unbalanced.
- A softer mattress is less durable than a harder mattress because all the mattresses tend to get softer with time so if you are already starting from a soft mattress you will only be able to use it for a small period.
Benefits of a Good Mattress:
Some of the key benefits of having a good mattress-
- Gives you good spinal alignment- Each part of your body is equally supported by a good mattress. If your mattress does not support your body sufficiently then you won’t have a neutral spine. The unbalanced spinal alignment will create a lot of spinal problems. If your mattress is not providing you with the proper support it means that you are using the wrong mattress. To prevent all kinds of back and spinal problems you must choose a mattress that supports every part of your body neutrally.
- It helps in relieving pain- Back pains and other spinal problems, if you are facing it, is just because you are using the wrong mattress. Improper alignment of your spine due to the usage of the wrong mattress causes you problems. You should always choose the correct mattress to improve your sleeping positions to help prevent pains.
- It helps in tackling snoring- if you are facing the problem of snoring due to partially prevented airways during sleep, in this case, your mattress can be responsible. If you want to have snore-free sleep then you must choose a slightly firm mattress.
- Tossing and turning should be prevented- Tossing and turning too much can disturb the quality of your sleep. This happens mostly with people who are sleeping with a partner. A motion wave is created due to rolling which is transferred through the mattress. A good mattress will always absorb these motion waves.
- It helps to reduce stress level- If you will sleep on the mattress which is best suited for you then you will have a longer sleep. Sleeping for a longer period reduces your stress level.
- It helps in reducing allergy symptoms- You should buy a less dense structure mattress because that kind of mattress absorbs less dust and prevents dust mites which are the main cause of domestic allergies.
Types of Mattresses:
Here is a list of the different varieties of mattresses that are available in the market:
- Innersprings- An Innerspring mattress is made of spring core and upholstery layers. The sleepers’ body supports the core of the mattress. The innerspring or the modern spring mattress is made up of steel coil springs. It is the exemplar of the coil which decides the firmness or softness of the mattress. You will see four types of mattress coil – Bonnell coils, offset coils, continuous coils and marshal coils. It is the upholstery layer that provides comfort and cushioning in the mattress, it covers the mattress and is also known as a comfort layer. The upholstery consists of three parts- the insulator, the middle upholstery and the quilt.
- Foam Mattress- Different weights and densities of petrochemical-based flexible polyurethane foams are used by all types of foam mattresses. With a portion of plant-based content, polyurethane and visco-elastic foams are incorporated by different manufacturers of the mattress. Platform bases are foam-based-foam mattresses. Foams used by the manufacturers for making a foam based mattress are of three types- Latex foam, memory foam and high-density foam.
- Bladder Mattresses- The bladders of some fluid like air or water are sometimes used for making some mattresses. In 3600 BCE, the first bladder mattresses were used in Persia by goatskin bladders. Bladder mattresses are generally of two types- the air made bladder mattress and theatre bed bladder mattress.
Factors to keep in Mind before Buying a Mattress:
- The two most important factors which you should consider before buying a mattress- i)whether you suffer from any kind of back pain or spinal problem and The next hat kind of sleeper you are. If you don’t have back pain a d do not suffer from any kind of spinal problems then you can opt for a hard mattress but if you have a back problem or suffer any kind of spinal pain or injury you need to go for a softer mattress.
- Another important feature which you need to keep in your mind before purchasing a mattress is the weight. A heavier person if using a softer mattress will result in him sinking into a mattress while if a person who is of less weight and uses a hard mattress, it will become very uncomfortable for him to sleep on that mattress.
- Next important factor is the preference of the person who is choosing the mattress for himself. Even a person who is using a mattress specialised for the spine may not procure benefit from it if he does not have the habit of using that mattress.
- The most important factor is to try out different mattresses before you start using them. Many types of mattresses and testing options are available which will help you to make the right decision.
We hope that this guide helped you in clearing some of your doubts regarding which mattress to buy. Here are our 13 top mattresses under 500 dollars recommendations for you:
1. Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Medium Firm Mattress topper, Full, White
Tempur-Pedic is specialized in selling mattresses and cushions made of foam and is a US-based company known for years for its very reputed work for providing you with some very subtle and peaceful sleepover materials. This company provides you with a memory foam mattress which is known as Tempur Supreme, made from 3″ inch single memory foam which is covered with polyester. The mattress is of very good feeling which makes it best suitable for people who are 320 pounds in weight or less. This mattress absorbs motion disturbances which help the couples to save them from sleep disruptions. The cover of this mattress is very easy to clean, you can just wash it in the machine and dry it off but you should not wash the foam. The price of this mattress is above average but Tempur gives you a 20% discount and you will also receive a sleep mask and pillows along with the topper without paying any extra charge.
- It is made of foam material designed with a similar pressure as the other Tempur materials.
- It has sleep motion absorbing power which saves the couples from sleep disruptions.
- Tempur mattress gives special importance to your body temperature.
- It has a washable cover which you can wash and dry off easily.
- It provides you with multi-use. You can not only use it in your bedroom but you can also use it as decoration for your guest rooms.
- This is a very durable and sturdy mattress, unlike the other foam mattresses. It’s a very modish and innovative mattress that will give you years of long-lasting comfort.
- It gives you a reliable body confirming and pressure relief.
- It provides you with the best motion relief and no noise.
- Tempur is providing free ground shipping in the contiguous US at the time of the pandemic.
- Tempur gives you a 10-year product warranty.
- It provides you with little responsiveness.
- It is very high priced.
- Tempur does not provide you with any sleep trials.
2. Novilla Full Size Mattress Topper, 3 Inch Dual Layer Memory Foam Mattress Topper Enhance Cooling，Supportive & Pressure Relieving，with Washable Bamboo Cover, Full Size, Yozora
Novella Memory Foam Mattress brings you the mattress at the best price and with great features to help relieve your sleep issues. It gives you a cloud-like feeling and empowers people in a sound and calm sleep without any disruptions. This mattress is very ecologically friendly and provides you with a sleep motion isolations feature, it also gives you support and comfort to your body, you don’t wake up with pain in your body and helps in relieving pressure. It comes with a replacement policy and you can get this product in three different Asian sizes- 2, 3, and 4 inches. It is very easy to install the mattress and it is also provided with extra 3-inch softness. You can use it for multipurpose. It will be efficiently compressed and placed in the box to be shipped to your house.
- It provides you with a multi-use feature. This mattress is not only can be used in your bedroom but also is best suited for your college dorm, camping, outdoor yoga rooms.
- It comes with removable and washable cover material. You can easily remove the covers and wash them in the machine and dry it off. This is a bamboo mattress that adopts skin-friendly features which makes it good moisture absorbing and permeable.
- You can keep this mattress in any sleep position because it comes with adjustable elastic straps in every corner. It has some flexible particles at the bottom of the mattress which makes it more flexible.
- The mattress is very nicely compressed and packed in a box. It is very smartly sent to your house. When you receive the mattress just unroll it and leave it for 24 hours to retain its original size.
- It helps in keeping your body in proper alignment.
- It provides pressure relief.
- It also helps you with its motion absorbing feature to help you in your sleep disruptions.
- It is deformation-resistant.
- It is very thick so it is very hard to roll up the mattress from the box.
3. Sleep Innovations Marley 10-inch Memory Foam Mattress, Queen, White
Medium-firm Marley Memory Foam Mattress is the most suitable for those people who have various sleeping positions. It has a top made of cool gel memory foam and a bottom made of firm support foam. Most of the customers highly recommend this mattress but some customers have given poor ratings because of its sagging and lack of mattress support. It keeps you comfortable and provides you with a long deep sleep.
- It has a polyester duvet cover which makes it a convenient mattress to use.
- If you buy this you will get a triple-layer design with a 10″ mattress. This design will provide an elegant look to your room and also provide extreme comfort.
- It will provide you with fresh and cool comfort. With its hypoallergenic design, it provides you with a sound and peaceful sleep.
- It provides you with pressure-relieving support, therefore you will not face any kind of back pain.
- It is a very affordable mattress.
- It is perfectly packaged and provides you with a 365 days warranty.
- It shows problems of sagging after a short period and sometimes customers have problems with the quality of foam used and its craftsmanship.
4. Olee Sleep 9 Inch I-gel Multi Layered Memory Foam Mattress, Full, White
This sleeping mattress stands out due to its design and shade but it does not compromise in its quality and comfort. It is placed among one of the best Olee sleep mattresses due to its stunning features. This mattress has an I Gel feature which provides coolness to the customers. The customers experience a cooling effect rather than getting sweaty or feeling too much heat. CertiPUR-US foam is used to build this mattress.
Individuals who have back pains and itchy back problems can opt for this mattress. It comes with multiple layers one layer with foam and the other layer with 25ILD extreme memory foam and another layer with gel. This mattress helps you in getting a proper and peaceful sleep.
- It is a multilayer queen-sized foam mattress. It has high-density support, I gel feature and airflow convoluted foam.
- Due to the i gel feature, it provides you with a cooling effect and you don’t feel too sweaty or hot.
- The multiple layers in the mattress support you by providing a deep and comfortable sleep.
- To adopt the body curves and to provide perfect support to your spinal cord, this mattress adopts top quality memory foam.
- It provides you with proper ventilation.
- Helps you in minimizing pressure points.
- It removes motion disturbances and helps in alleviating back pains.
- It is very durable.
- It has little smell after it gets unboxed.
- It can be too firm for some people.
5. Bamboo Mattress Pad with Fitted Skirt – Extra Plush Rayon from Bamboo Cooling Topper – Made in The USA, Queen
This mattress is a unique fitted skirt that can stretch to snuggly fit up to 18″ thick which prevents the pad from shifting away when you sleep. This mattress is filled with Revoloft cluster fibre. It’s back cover is made up of 30% cotton and 70% polyester. This mattress is the perfect choice if you want a mattress that is comfortable, breathable and soft at the same time. Cluster fibre of 25 oz is filled per square yard in the pillowtop. It helps you to keep your body cool.
- It is made from bamboo-derived rayon and is comfortable, breathable and soft at the same time.
- It will help you to revitalize your sleep and the mattress fits 18″ deep inside the bed.
- Plus Rayon bamboo filler in the cover top is the material used for making this mattress. This soft layer gives extreme relaxation to your body.
- Each pad is made of Rovoloft fibre which prevents any kind of discomfort while you sleep.
- The cooling sensation provided by the mattress keeps you calm even cool even during the hot summer days.
- It provides you with deep fitted pocket skirts.
- It helps you in rejuvenating your old mattress.
- It is very innovative and highly affordable.
- It provides 51% of pressure.
- It is a bit difficult to clean.
6. Zinus 12 Inch Support Plus Pocket Spring Hybrid Mattress with Euro Top / Extra Firm Feel / More Coils for Durable Support / Pocket Innersprings for Motion Isolation / Bed-in-a-Box, Twin
This mattress is made for those people who give preference to comfort in a firm bed covered with duvets. It has a dense population of cover springs, unlike the other mattresses. Its extra rigidity support makes it the most suitable for people who sleep on their stomach or plus-sized people. This coil springs not only hugs your every curve but also provides you with pressure relief. CertiPUR US foams are used in this mattress to provide relief and comfort to the sleepers. It also absorbs motion disturbances and comes with a year warranty.
- 10% more gauge steel coil innerspring used in this mattress helps you to provide more comfort and more firm support.
- It has supportive foam and pocket springs that give good support to your back and prevents any back problems.
- The mattress used CertiPUR US certified high-quality foam.
- It is very efficiently packaged by compressing it into a box, therefore easy to transport to any place you want.
- It provides you with comfort and firmness that will relieve all the stress of the day.
- It has a 1.5 top foam layer and a 2.5 high-density layer.
- It is very durable.
- It gives you value for your money.
- It helps in relieving pain and provides comfort.
- It does not have high durability.
7. Full Mattress, Iyee Nature 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress in a Box, Foam Bed Mattress piMedium Firm Foam Mattress
The Iyee Nature 10 gel Memory foam mattress is designed to give you improved support and help in heat dissipation. This mattress consists of 2″ memory foam, 4″ comfortable layer and a 4″ high-density base. It is very comfortable and breathable. It has the best materials which help in giving you advanced sleep. This mattress comes with a ten-year warranty. The manufacturer has made sure that the owner does not face any kind of risk or cheap material.
- Material and Construction- It is designed with a three-layer foam system, which helps you to improve support and heat dissipation.
- It is breathable and comfortable- All the foam mattresses are made with the best quality products making it comfortable and breathable.
- The material- This mattress uses CertiPUR US certified foam.
- It takes all the measures to make it user friendly and it is made with high-quality material so it lacks any kind of risks and the mattress is not cheap.
- It provides a warranty of 10 years.
- It provides you with super sleep quality.
- It is very affordable.
- It will provide you comfort and will relieve your pains.
- It will give you a cooling effect due to its cooling feature.
- The size of the mattress might be unsatisfactory.
8. Full-Size Mattress, Avenco Grey Memory Foam Mattress Full, 10 Inch Full Mattress in a Box with Detachable Cover, 2 Foam Layers for Cooling, Supportive & Pressure Relieving CertiPUR-US & ISPA Certified
Avenco Premium mattress gives you the best quality sleep. It provides you with sleep with the best quality surface. It has an ergonomic design with special igel memory foam which will help you to relieve pain and will provide you with a cooling sensation. High-density foam used will help to absorb the pain. It is very easy to maintain by just removing the topper and washing it and drying it off. It helps in keeping your bones in alignment and helps you to relieve pain.
- It will give you an ergonomic high-quality of design to increase comfort.
- It comes with two layers of high quality breathable gel memory foam.
- With the layer of spring in this mattress be ready to say no to body and back pains.
- Get a sound and comforting sleep using this high-density foam mattress.
- It comes with a warranty of 10 years and also a trial period of 100 days.
- This product is very skin-friendly.
- Due to its detachable nature it is easy to wash it and protect its inner layer.
- It gives you a cooling effect due to its gel memory foam.
- It supports your bones and relieves your body pain.
- The motion isolation feature is weak.
- The temperature control feature is also weak.
9. Full Size Mattress, Avenco Memory Foam Mattress in a Box Full, 12 Inch Premium Bed Mattress with CertiPUR-US Foam for Supportive, Pressure Relief & Cooler Sleeping, 10 Years Support
Avenco Memory Foam Mattress 12″ inches consists of high density foam, two layers of memory foam and bas support foam. The Rayon modal fabric used by Avenco is tear resistant and breathable. Gel infused memory foam was used to design this mattress. This gel feature helps you to remain cool and provides you with a cooling effect. According to the manufacturer this mattress is best for side and stomach sleepers. It provides you with a 100 days of trial before purchase and you also get warranty for 10 years.
- Avenco Memory Foam mattress comes with a gel memory foam which helps to keep the body of the sleeper cool throughout the night.
- It provides you with better support and pressure relief. It consists of double airflow waves which helps in the ventilation of body pressures.
- The plush layers of memory foam creates a comfortable arena for the sleepers and it helps you to sleep soundly and comfortably.
- It consists of an airflow support base and airflow support foam which makes the mattress breathable and gives a cooling effect.
- It gives you the best sleep quality.
- It is very comfortable and helps you to sleep soundly.
- It provides a cooling effect.
- It supports your bones which help you to relieve pain.
- It is very affordable.
- It is more on the cooler side than the colder side.
10. Full Mattress, Secretland 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Breathable Cover (Mattress Only) Medium Feels-Bed Mattress in a Box
When versatility is the topic and main area of concern sscretland mattress wins the race. The foam is certified with CertiPUR US certification. Unlike the other innerspring mattresses, sscretland mattress is the most durable, and can be used for a longer period of time due to its construction and that too in this range. If you are concerned about the materials from which it is made then its made with certified and fine materials which are very eco friendly. This mattress comes with a 10 years of warranty.
- It consists of two layers of gel foam which provides extreme comfort when you lie down on the bed.
- This gel foam helps you in dissipating body heat and provides you a cooling effect.
- It includes a breathable knitted cover that will maximize coolness and will help you in sleeping soundly.
- It gives you an excellent 10 years of warranty.
- It keeps a good balance of high density foam and softness.
- It is a well made and durable construction.
- The hybrid matter gets benefited from multiple layers.
- It can become heavy and difficult to move.
11. Jingxun Full Mattress 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress in a Box Breathable Comfortable Medium-Firm with CertiPUR-US Foam 54” X 80“X 12”
It is a breathable , comfortable , medium and firm mattress which contains a CertiPUR US foam. It consists of a three layer foam system. The three layers are generally gel layer, high density layer and comfortable layer. It is a skin friendly and environmentally friendly mattress. You also get a 10 year assurance period from the manufacturer.
- It consists of three layers- cooling layer, comfortable layer and high density foam layer which comes with a gently washable hypoallergenic cover.
- The memory foam is certified by the CertiPUR US and Oeko- Tex standard.
- You will get an airflow ventilation and you will get a cooling effect due to the gel which is melted by hydrogel.
- It is easy to transport, therefore you do not have to worry about its weight and can move it easily.
- The mattress remains dry, cool and comfortable because the gel is melted by the hydrogel.
- You will get a stretchy and thick material.
- It is very affordable and you will have value of your money once you buy it.
- It will provide you with great sleeping quality and comfort.
- It supports your back and helps you relieve pain.
- The cooling gel might not be long-lasting.
12. Full Size Mattress Mintgreen 8 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress in a Box, Premium Bed Mattress with Breathable Soft Cover – Medium Firm Feel-Ventilated Design & CertiPUR-US Certified Foam Full Mattress
It is a premium foam mattress with a breathable cover. It has ventilated design and is certified by CertiPUR US foam full mattress. It is a cooling mattress which provides a comfortable sleep which is designed with infused gel memory foam. It provides you a comfortable and easy sleep and also relieves your back and muscle pains. It comes with a 10 years warranty.
- It contains gel memory foams which will provide you a comfortable sleep and cooling effect.
- It is like cloud sleep with a full 8″ memory foam mattress.
- With this length and size it can be easily compressed and put in a box for rapid transportation.
- It is a cooling mattress that provides a comfortable sleep which is designed with infused gel memory foam.
- It gives great sleep quality, it is stretchy and affordable.
- It did not stretch exactly to the size.
13. Full Mattress, Molblly 10 inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress with CertiPUR-US Bed Mattress in a Box for Sleep Cooler & Pressure Relief, Full Size
Certified by CertiPUR US foam, this is a type of mattress which provides a cooler and pressure relief mechanism. It consists of three layers- comfort layer, high density foam layer and memory foam layer. The foam is certified by the CertiPUR US foam standards and by Oeko-Tex standard.mIt is very easy to ship and pack this mattress and comes with a warranty of 10 years.
- You will get a zip off cover on this mattress which can be cleaned and removed easily for the maintenance of the mattress.
- It provides you with pressure relief and it is very soft in texture, which gives your body a relaxed feel.
- You will experience a cooling effect due to the presence of gel and hypoallergenic cover.
- It combines all forms of foams to produce the best quality of sleep and cooling effect, made up of breathable cover material that helps in ventilation.
- It can fit in all frames.
- It contains a gentle hypoallergenic cover.
- Motion transfer is reduced by special foams.
- You will experience Extra comfort due to added breathable fabric.
- It can be soft for some sleepers with back pains and spinal problems.
Now that you have gone through our recommendations we hope it would have helped you to make your mind, however if you are not able to make up your mind then we are putting down our top three recommendations below all of which are very popular and have a high rating online. They are very durable, sturdy and provide best quality sleep. These top three mattresses are of worth buying and you can never get wrong with these choices. :